by Carolyn Forché
Guide to the HyperText version of the poem
Some questions about the links I made:
- Why is the "Poetry of Witness" link located in line 1? How does
this link help navigate the poem as a whole?
- What is the significance of the link to "TV Families of the 1950s"?
(On the surface, this one might seem insignificant. But it's not
meant to be.)
- Why is there a link to a Ben and Jerry's bowl of ice cream?
- Why is the link to "English Ivory Curtains" placed at its particular
location in the poem?
- Why is the link to the "The U.N. Truth Commission on the El Mozote
Massacre" placed at its particular location in the poem?
- How do the body language links help navigate the last half of
- How do the links in the poem guide your understanding of the relationship
between the United States and El Salvador?
Last modified February 17, 2001